It’s been a long while since I posted- much has changed with our family, but I am feeling a need to once again process our homeschool journey.
So, since I last posted in 2013 (!), we have:
- Moved to a new town about an hour away from our old community. Culturally, Lancaster County PA (of Amish and Mennonite fame) is a million miles away from our old home town. There are actual homeschoolers here! And organized co-ops! Which brings me to-
- We joined a co-op. We’re actually at the end of our second year of co-op (I’ll have to write some time about my endeavor to teach an Kindergarten-level Aesop’s Fables class in a Charlotte Mason style).
- Alex is finishing second grade- Year Two of Ambleside Online- and as June 30th of this year, I will be submitting my first official paperwork to the state of Pennsylvania as a homeschooling family.
- Fae is finishing Kindergarten- Year 0 in AO- and my experience homeschooling her has been so strange. Another post about the differences between Alex and Fae will surely follow.
- The Lord has moved me- way sooner than expected- into a midwifery apprenticeship. So I am homeschooling my kiddos every day (education is a LIFE after all), doing formal academics three to four days a week and I am also serving Amish/Mennonite families in Lancaster as a midwifery apprentice. I’ve become a ‘working homeschooling mom’ and have had to learn all about how to make both callings work. I am really trusting the Lord with this process. Yet another post about alternative education methods to come!
So here we are at the beginning of 2015, homeschooling a kindergartner, a second grader and a mom leaning fully on the grace of our Lord as we move through life. I added lots of pictures to this post to bring you up to speed on how things have been over the last couple of years- glad to be back and honored to have you with me!